We all like a smooth, flat belly, but for most of us this doesn’t come easy! We tend to store fat, coupled with possible constipation, gas and fluid retention giving off the impression of a couple of extra pounds.
With this simple detox water recipe, it will be easier for you to get a healthy flat belly and clear skin using only lemon, ginger, cucumber and mint.
Can detox water help you lose weight?
Just drinking lemon water will not make your belly flat instantly, you still have to include more fiber in your diet and make sure you keep a nutritious healthy diet. The main goal of using more water like in this detox water recipe, is to reduce your consumption of other sugary drinks, and increase your consumption of daily water. Mixed with some fasting can work wonders, and help you get that flat belly faster.
Detox Water Recipe for Flat Belly
- 2 liters of water
- 1 fresh lemon, preferably organic
- 1 medium sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger or 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
- 10 small mint leaves
- Start with a mint infusion by boiling mint leaves in a cup of water. Let it boil for five minutes and set aside.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Cut several elongated strips of lemon peel to decorate the belly drink.
- Peel and mash the cucumber.
- Mix the mashed cucumber with the lemon juice and mint infusion.
- Mix this mixture with the water and add two tablespoons of ground ginger, lemon zest and if desired to some extra mint leaves.
- Place in the refrigerator, drink when it’s all cooled down.
14 day detox
If you like to cleanse your system even more (and get a flat belly in the process), try this great Teatox program by Zero Tea. It’s one of the most popular detox programs available right now. This goes a bit further than just getting rid of stubborn stomach fat, and will have a huge impact on your overall feeling of well-being.
These detox teas use natural ingredients and are caffeine-free. All these different tea blends will help detoxify and soothe your digestive tract, and naturally suppress your appetite. You can find reviews of the 14 day tea cleanse program here.